Grocers in the Capitol Day
Thank you, WGA Members, for your support and participation in Grocers in the Capital Days!!
Your presence in the Capital helps us push grocer-beneficial legislation forward.
Thank you for attending
Pick N’ Save
Fox Bros Piggly Wiggly Meijer
and Mauer’s Market IGA.
We can’t wait to see you next year for Grocers in the Capital Day!
What legislation did the WGA focus on this year?
- Retail Theft – WGA is seeking a statewide main street crime program for all retailers and changes to Wisconsin’s retail theft statutes.
- Sales Tax Discount – WGA is seeking support for legislation that would provide an increase in the retailer’s discount from taxes due.
- Personal Property Tax – WGA is seeking the full repeal of the personal property tax.
- Alcohol Delivery/Pick Up – Delivery: WGA is seeking passage of legislation to give consumers the ability to legally and easily receive alcohol through delivery. Click & Collect: WGA supports a customer’s ability to pick up alcohol along with their groceries in a state-wide uniform law.
- Swipe Fees/Credit Card Fees – WGA Seeks to educate legislators about the costs and burdens associated with credit card transactions.